Clovis Unified encourages parents/guardians and other members of the community to share their time, knowledge and abilities with our students. Community volunteers in our schools enrich the educational program, contribute to school safety, and strengthen our schools’ relationships with the community.
1. Complete a volunteer application at the school site each school year, which will include the site conducting a Megan’s Law background check (Penal code 290).
2. Have a current clear TB assessment within the last 4 years if you will have ongoing, frequent or prolonged contact with students. One-day volunteers may be exempt. (Ed. Code 49406(m)).
3. Be fingerprinted when placed in a situation in which you would directly supervise students with-out a paid District employee present (i.e. off-campus activities such as Sierra Outdoor School, over night events or any activity without direct supervision by a paid District employee).
4. Volunteers who will be transporting students must also submit Form 8302-1 – Private Vehicle Driver Application, and comply with the requirements of Board Policy and Administrative Regu-lation No. 8302 – Transportation of Students by Private Vehicle.
5. Provide proof of current COVID-19 vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccination card or proof of a medically verified negative COVID test obtained within 72 hours of the volunteer experience.
No person has any right to provide, nor is the District obligated to accept, volunteer services. A person also has no right to a particular volunteer assignment, event, location or classroom. Volunteers shall act in accordance with state and federal laws, District policies and regulations, including but not limited to Board Policy No. 9202 (School Visitors) and Board Policy No. 9210 (Civility Policy), and school rules.
Ready to sign up? Click HERE to be taken to our new online volunteer form!
Print the TB Risk Assessment form HERE